VBT Surgery Day
Well, the big day has arrived.
Woke early this morning, full of trepidation and a tang of excitement. Everything is crossed for the results of the heart echo this morning so that the surgery goes ahead this afternoon.
6am - 7am
- Skye woke in good spirits after a semi awesome sleep. Nervous and very chatty :-).
- Was given breakfast and had all her blood pressure checked etc.
7am - 8am
- Doctors just informed us that Skye's operation has been cancelled. Dr Ferguson is too sick.
- There are no words to express my sadness.
8am - 9am
- Called down to have a heart echo to ensure that all is well. This took about 40 mins.
- They checked everything and now we are back on the ward waiting for the results.
9am - 10am
- Just saw the nurses who said that we don't have another date as yet and we need to wait.
- Waiting for cardio doctor.
July 6th - 9am
- On the way to the airport to go home - feeling very disheartened :-(.